Customer Care Officer
As a Customer Care Officer you will be focusing specifically on customers experiencing vulnerable circumstances, establishing positive engagement with customers and gaining a full understanding of their personal situation. Ensuring that all customers are treated fairly and detriment to customers is avoided.
- Investigating cases where customers are experiencing vulnerable circumstances that are passed to the team from the main Collections floor using a dialler system and communicating with customers and third parties by email, letter and telephone.
- Establishing the nature of sensitivity, be that medical, financial or other and ensuring the account is appropriately managed in line with Intrum’s policies and procedures.
- Being compliant at all times by ensuring that Intrum procedures are followed, including satisfactory data protection checks.
- Listening to customers, demonstrating understanding and empathy towards their situation, responding and questioning to fully establish the customers’ circumstances. This may also involve researching into medical conditions in order to deal with each customer appropriately.
- Building rapport and trust with customers, creating a positive customer experience by adhering to our culture of fair treatment and customer centricity.
- Speaking to customers in order to complete affordability assessments and where appropriate set up an agreeable payment plans.
- Effective note taking – ensuring records of calls are accurate, professional and a true reflection of the conversation.
- Liaising with the Advice Sector and Citizen Advice Bureau in order to establish the correct route of action or support for the customer.
- Liaising with other internal departments and providing feedback as required on any cases that may have been managed differently to support the customer journey.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly targets including call quality and compliance.
- Previous experience working in a customer services role.
- The ideal candidate will have a desire to make a conscious effort to assist and engage customers, through high levels of empathy and understanding.
- Ability to build rapport and engage communication with any audience. Communicating logically and using language to fit the audience.
- Demonstrate a desire and energy towards excellence and quality within the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to liaise with all levels of personnel appropriately and professionally.
- Previous experience of dealing with sensitive personal circumstances.
- Salary increase with service
- Monthly bonus
- Ongoing training and career development
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Onsite gym
- Discounts on high street vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme